I am going to share a secret with you. There is actually something really fun that you can do on a Friday night that does not involve a ton of money, is healthy, good for the soul, makes you feel good, meet new people, and for all ages! Ballroom dancing at Paragon (click name to access link).
Here is how Friday nights work:
$5.00 with a student ID. $7.00 without. You come at 7:30pm for a dance lesson. The type of dance changes week to week. Example: one week a waltz, next week a cha cha. At 8:30pm, open dancing begins. They turn down the lights and it becomes a dance club, disco ball and everything! They play all types of ballroom dance music: cha cha, rumba, jive, samba, salsa, west coast swing, waltz, tango, fox trot, quick step, etc. They play new and old music, so everyone can find something that they enjoy. The room is huge so there is a lot of room to dance. There are leveled dancers there from professionals to it being their first time ever dancing! Age ranges from about 18-90. It is fun to meet new people, bring significant others, or just a group of friends!
I wish that I knew about this place when I was in high school. My friends and I were always looking for something fun to do that we actually could get into at any age! I have been going for years, and absolutely love it.
I have been unable to go for a while because of school and work. I used to be so involved in the ballroom dance world, taking lessons, social dancing, doing competitions. For those of you who don't know me, I even danced on the Dancing with the Stars Tour! It is my dream to actually do that again- best experience of my life.
I finally went back tonight and it was like riding a bike. I was able to go out there and dance like I hadn't skipped a day (except for it was probably a bad idea considering the diet I am on does not contain enough calories to do that extensive exercise!). I am home now and am feeling great about myself!
So if you are looking for something fun and new to try, check out Paragon! Don't be shy if you can't dance either- there are plenty of people there willing to help and no judgement!
Saturday, July 9, 2011
Looking for something new to do on a Friday night?
Dancing waltz at a competition in Chicago
Posted by asshley at 1:12 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment